Makes: 4 servings
Total Cost: $1.31
Serving Cost: $0.33
4 tablespoonscream cheese, low-fat (whipped)
2 unitsflour tortillas
1/2 teaspoonranch seasoning mix
1/4 cupbroccoli (washed and chopped)
1/4 cupcarrot (peeled and grated)
1/4 cupzucchini (washed and cut into small strips)
1/4 cupsummer squash (yellow, washed and cut into small strips)
1/2 unittomato (diced)
1/8 cupgreen bell pepper (seeded and diced)
2 tablespoonschives (chopped fine)
- In a small bowl, stir ranch seasoning into cream cheese, chill.
- Wash and chop vegetables.
- Steam broccoli in microwave for 1 minute with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Spread cream cheese onto flour tortilla, staying one inch from edge. Sprinkle vegetables over cream cheese. Roll tortilla tightly.
- Chill for 1-2 hours before serving (the wrap will hold its shape better). With a sharp knife slice into circles and serve.
- Be creative. Try different vegetables, herbs and spices. Examples- green beans, lettuce, radishes, corn; dill, oregano, basil, mint, curry or chili powder.
- You can substitute pre-made flavored cream cheeses- chive, herb or vegetable.
- Try a sweet cream cheese and add fruit to your wrap for a different twist.
- This wrap is great with soup or salad or served as a cool summer appetizer!