1. Drain the juice from the canned pineapple into a small saucepan.
2. Stir in orange juice and cornstarch. Blend until smooth.
3. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
4. Let the juice mix cool to room temperature.
5. While the juice mix is cooling, peel and slice the banana. Wash the pear and peaches and cut them into cubes.
6. Pour the cooled juice mix into a large bowl. Add the pieces of pineapple, banana, pear, and peaches. Stir together.
You can serve this compote in serving dishes, or over frozen yogurt or waffles.