1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a bowl mix veggies with 1 tablespoon oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Lay veggies around the edge of a 9"x13" pan and put in oven.
4. Use a small bowl to make the rub. Mix the brown sugar, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in the bowl.
5. Sprinkle the rub over the loin. Press gently so the rub sticks to the roast. Wash your hands after handling the raw meat.
6. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the loin. Brown the sides of meat. Turn after about 2-3 minutes per side.
7. Transfer the pork to the center of the pan with veggies. Bake for about 40 minutes. A meat thermometer should read 145°F. Check the temperature after 30 minutes in the oven.
8. Remove from oven. Let set for 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
Wash and cut potatoes and onion into chunks about the same size as baby carrots.
Use a meat thermometer. Cooked pork can be pink even when the meat has reached a safe temperature.
For safety and quality, allow meat to rest for at least three minutes before slicing.