1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Peel the onion. Chop it into small pieces.
3. Cut each tomato in half. Remove the part with the stem.
4. Gently squeeze each tomato half over the sink to remove the seeds.
5. Put the breadcrumbs into medium bowl. Add the spices and oil.
6. Mix well, slowly adding water to moisten the crumbs.
7. Use a spoon to press the crumb mixture into the tomato halves.
8. Lightly oil a baking pan. Place the tomatoes on the pan, with the
cut side up.
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the crumbs are browned and the tomatoes are soft.
If you don’t have a box of breadcrumbs, make your own. Toast 4 slices of bread. Crush with a rolling pin or the side of a jar to make breadcrumbs. If you don’t have breadcrumbs or bread, crush 3 cups of a flaked cereal instead.